Saturday, January 15, 2011

Back From Sweden, 2011
















One of the worst feelings in the world is spending weeks and weeks, months maybe, looking forward to something, having it happen, and then when it's over you realize you have nothing to look forward to anymore. My second trip to Sweden began on the 27th of December, 2010, beginning at JFK (where i subsequently broke my hand) and ending at Arlanda, Stockholm. I hate JFK. If I can avoid booking from there for the rest of my life, I will. That has to be the most unorganized, confused, and absolutely insane airport I've ever been to. Plus now it has the negative memory of me breaking my hand outside it's doors. Wonderful. Anyhow, Sweden was beautiful, as always, a winter wonderland, filled with beautiful places and beautiful people. Being there definitely gives one the feeling of Vikinghood. Good food, good beer, Christmas lights, log cabins. Moose. Romantic in a very Scandinavian sort of way. New Years was a small dissapointment, as the boyfriend got extremely sick (and only for one day!), but it would be pointless to go to a New Years party without your significant other! So I decided to drink and take care of him, which worked out decidedly well :-). He made up for it by making a beautiful "prom" dinner, which afterwards we danced in the candle light. Thank you baby! Here are some pictures from this trip...perhaps it will give you an idea of the magic that happens when too much booz and too much snow are combined :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment